Bluebonnet Launches Kosher Fish Oil Vegetarian Softgels at EXPO East and it was a huge hit!
Natural Products Expo East 2015 is the East Coast’s largest natural, organic and healthy products event. According to their pre-show press release, it was poised to hit record numbers, with over 22,000 attendees and more than 1,800 exhibitors, with approximately 30% of those exhibiting for the first time and new to the marketplace. Produced by New Hope Natural Media, Expo East took place September 16-19, 2015 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Maryland and was co-located with Biofach America -All Things Organic, NPA East, and the Harvest Festival.
Lise Stern once wrote, “Keeping kosher helps us pause and think about what we eat, and how we eat it, and elevates the act of eating.” These sentiments are shared by many, which is the why the kosher nutritional supervisors at Bluebonnet went the extra mile to launch reduced-odor Natural Omega-3 Kosher Fish Oil Vegetarian Softgels to our line of marine-based omega fatty acids that not only contains kosher-certified fish oil with EPA, DHA and DPA in a natural triglyceride form, providing greater bioavailability and stability than the common ethyl ester form, but is also encapsulated in a kosher-certified, vegetarian softgel. Best of all, this Kosher Fish Oil is Non-GMO!
Bluebonnet’s Natural Omega-3 Kosher Fish Oil Vegetarian Softgels provide EPA, DHA and DPA – one of only two in the marketplace that offers all three omega fatty acids. Furthermore, this product has undergone unrivaled QA/QC tests to guarantee purity, potency and freshness through their expiration date:
· First, the fish oil is derived almost exclusively from deep sea, cold water fish caught in the pristine waters off the coast of Peru. Raw fish oils from the Peruvian coastal waters are of the highest quality, both in terms of purity and omega-3 content.
· Second, the fish oil is put through a four-step purification process, which includes stripping and steam distillation virtually eliminating all heavy metals (e.g., mercury), PCBs and other contaminants, as well as the unpleasant fishy taste and odor typically associated with marine fish oils.
· Third, once we receive the kosher fish oil custom-made vegetarian softgels, Bluebonnet follows the strict but voluntary, guidelines for omega-3 fatty acid products set by the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) and now handled by the Global Organization for EPA and DHA (GOED). These standards of analysis include P-anisidine values, peroxide value, an entire fatty acid panel as triglycerides, heavy metal testing and PCB/ PCBs Congeners and Dioxin/Furan testing.
· Fourth, Bluebonnet goes one step further by sending out our fish oil formulas for third-party testing by an independent, FDA-registered laboratory that employs protocols set by USP, AOSC and AOAC International, scientific associations and guidelines dedicated to analytical excellence.
To top it off, this product ensures environmental management and sustainability - Bluebonnet’s Natural Omega-3 Kosher Fish Oil Vegetarian Softgels utilize high quality kosher fish oil sourced from Peru’s marine habitat. Peru’s government has a sophisticated quality assurance program overseeing its fisheries, and its environmentally sustainable practices are beyond reproach. This program regulates of the minimum size and number of juvenile fish, monitors the fleet via satellite, and provides third-party control of fish landings. To promote environmental management practices in public, private and government- owned companies, the Peruvian Ministry of the Environment gives an annual award for the “Cleanest and Most Eco-Efficient Production.”
How much of a hit was it?
Bob Barrows, Jr. the Vice President of Sales and Marketing told us that the reception was fantastic! He mentioned that he received 100% positive feedback on the product and he couldn’t have asked for more. Below is a picture of Bob with Mindy Barrows, Bluebonnet’s Key Account Manager, and Senator Harkin at EXPO East where Bluebonnet launched the Kosher Fish Oil. Senator Harkin (D-IA) is a champion of the Natural Health Food industry. While Harkin's accomplishments are too many to list here, some of his more significant include:
• Establishing what would become the National Institutes of Health's National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM).
• Co-authoring the 1994 Dietary Supplements Health and Education Act (DSHEA) to regulate the supplement industry and ensure consumer access to these products.
• Sponsoring the American with Disabilities Act.